Sean Rash was the No. 1 pick in the 2015 PBA League Draft, held this morning in the squad room of the new South Point Bowling Plaza in Las Vegas.
Rash was selected by the Brooklyn Styles, managed by PBA Hall of Famer Johnny Petraglia.
Here’s a complete look at the draft, first by team roster, and then in the order of player selections:
DRAFT BY TEAM
Brooklyn Styles (Johnny Petraglia, Manager)
Parker Bohn III
Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits (Tim Mack, Manager)
Walter Ray Williams Jr.
L.A. X (Andrew Cain, Manager)
Silver Lake Atom Splitters (Mark Baker, Manager)
Philadelphia Hitmen (Jason Couch, Manager)
Barbasol Motown Muscle (Del Ballard Jr., Manager)
Dallas Strikers (Norm Duke, Manager)
Michael Haugen Jr.
GEICO New York City WTT KingPins (Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, Manager)
1. Sean Rash, Brooklyn Styles
2. Wes Malott, Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits
3. Jason Belmonte, L.A. X
4. Chris Barnes, Silver Lake Atom Splitters
5. Dom Barrett, Philadelphia Hitmen
6. E.J. Tackett, Barbasol Motown Muscle
7. Bill O’Neill, Dallas Strikers
8. Pete Weber, GEICO New York City WTT KingPins
9. Mike Fagan, GEICO New York City WTT KingPins
10. Tommy Jones, Dallas Strikers
11. Ronnie Russell, Barbasol Motown Muscle
12. Chris Loschetter Philadelphia Hitmen
13. Mika Koivuniemi, Silver Lake Atom Splitters
14. Stuart Williams, L.A. X
15. Dan MacLelland, Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits
16. Tom Smallwood, Brooklyn Styles
17. Parker Bohn III, Brooklyn Styles
18. Ryan Ciminelli, Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits
19. Martin Larsen, L.A. X
20. Tom Daugherty, Silver Lake Atom Splitters
21. Dave Wodka, Philadelphia Hitmen
22. Josh Blanchard, Barbasol Motown Muscle
23. Michael Haugen Jr., Dallas Strikers
24. D.J. Archer, GEICO New York City WTT KingPins
25. Scott Norton, GEICO New York City WTT KingPins
26. Norm Duke, Dallas Strikers
27. John Szczerbinski, Barbasol Motown Muscle
28. Ryan Shafer, Philadelphia Hitmen
29. Dick Allen, Silver Lake Atom Splitters
30. Patrick Allen, L.A. X
31. Walter Ray Williams Jr., Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits
32. Jason Sterner, Brooklyn Styles
33. Osku Palermaa, Brooklyn Styles
34. Bryon Smith, Pittsburgh Jack Rabbits
35. Andres Gomez, L.A. X
36. Craig Nidiffer, Silver Lake Atom Splitters
37. Rhino Page, Philadelphia Hitmen
38. Mike DeVaney, Barbasol Motown Muscle
39. Shawn Maldonado, Dallas Strikers
40. Amleto Monacelli, GEICO New York City WTT KingPins
The eight-team PBA League will compete for the Elias Cup March 28-30 at Bayside Bowl in Portland, Maine.
The PBA League in 2015 will feature the same eight team names and team managers from last season. A random draw determined the draft order, and managers filled their rosters with five players each. The Elias Cup will be decided by points earned in singles, doubles, trios and Baker team matches.
Players eligible for the PBA League Draft were based on PBA Tour competition points between the 2013 World Series of Bowling V and the 2014 Oklahoma Summer Swing, plus any player who was on a PBA League roster for 2014.
For the draft, players who committed to participation in the PBA League program were ranked based upon their position on the points list. The first player selected by each team had to be taken from the group of players ranking 1-10 on the points list. The second player drafted came from the group ranked 11-20 in points, plus any undrafted players from group one. The third player drafted came from those ranked 21-30 in points along with leftover players, and so on.
The one draft exception was Dallas player-manager Norm Duke, who finished 39th on the points list, and was required to draft himself in the fourth round.
The draft was conducted in “serpentine” format, whereby Team No. 1 picked first in the first round and last in the second round, and Team No. 8 picked last in the first round and first in the second round, etc.