Complete coverage of the BPAA Bowling Summit, which took place earlier this week in New Orleans, will appear in the March issues of Bowling Center Management and Bowlers Journal International.
For now, we’ll simply share the names of the proprietors selected for BPAA’s industry service awards — headlined by the selection of Cathy DeSocio for the Victor Lerner Award, symbolic of induction into the BPAA Hall of Fame. DeSocio, a BPAA past president, served as the association’s de facto executive director when that position was vacant.
Others to be honored at International Bowl Expo this June in Las Vegas:
* V.A. Wapensky Award — Jim Stubler.
* Ruben Dankoff Award — Steve Wiemer
* Dick Weber Ambassador Award — John Janawicz
* Special Projects Award — Mandy Haws
* Media Award — Mookie Betts
* BPAA USBC Association Award — Columbus, Ohio USBC (to be presented at the USBC Convention this spring in Las Vegas)