January 15th, 2014 | Published in Pro Bowling
The PBA has announced a 12-tournament PBA50 Tour schedule for 2014 which includes two new venues, a new PBA50 Super Senior event and traditional major championships — the Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open presented by Dexter and the USBC Senior Masters — back-to-back in Las Vegas in June.
For the second consecutive year, a season-long point competition will qualify the top three players for the televised PBA50 Tour Finals, which will be conducted during the 2014 PBA World Series of Bowling VI in November.
In addition, selected PBA50 Tour events will again be webcast live on the online bowling channel, Xtra Frame. Details regarding the televised finals and Xtra
Frame schedule will be announced later.
For the second consecutive year, the season begins with the PBA50 Pasco County
Open at Lane Glo Bowl in New Port Richey, Fla., April 12-15, and concludes with the PBA50 Treasure Island Resort and Casino Open presented by Hammer in Welch,
Minn., Aug. 10-13.
New stops on the schedule include the PBA50 Dick Weber Super Senior Classic presented by Storm (July 18-20) and the PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic presented by Ebonite (July 20-23) at Pro Bowl West in Fort Wayne, Ind. Only players 60 years of age and older will be eligible to enter the super senior event.
The other new venue on the schedule will be Cave Man Bowl in Grants Pass, Ore., which will host the PBA50 Grants Pass Open presented by Track, June 20-23.
The Senior U.S. Open will be held June 1-6 at the Suncoast Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, to be followed by the Senior Masters at the South Point Hotel, Casino and Bowling Center, June 8-13.
The 2014 PBA50 Tour season will see a new crop of top-level players from the PBA
Tour eligible to compete, including PBA Hall of Famer Parker Bohn III.
The PBA will begin accepting entries for PBA50 events on Feb. 10.
2014 PBA50 TOUR SCHEDULE
• April 12-15 — PBA50 Pasco County Open, Lane Glo Bowl, New Port Richey, Fla.
• April 19-22 — PBA50 Sun Bowl In The Villages presented by Radical, Spanish
Springs Lanes, The Villages, Fla.
• April 27-30 — PBA50 Miller High Life Classic presented by Columbia 300, George
Pappas Victory Lanes, Mooresville, N.C.
• June 1-6 — Suncoast PBA Senior U.S. Open presented by Dexter, Suncoast Bowling
Center, Las Vegas, Nev.
• June 8-13 — USBC Senior Masters, South Point Bowling Center, Las Vegas, Nev.
• June 15-18 — PBA50 Northern California Classic presented by MOTIV, Harvest Park Bowl, Brentwood, Calif.
• June 20-23 — PBA50 Grants Pass Open presented by Track, Caveman Bowl, Grants Pass, Ore.
• July 18-20 — PBA50 Dick Weber Super Senior Classic presented by Storm, Pro Bowl West, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• July 20-23 — PBA50 Pro Bowl West Fort Wayne Classic presented by Ebonite, Pro
Bowl West, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• July 28-31 — PBA50 Dayton Classic presented by Roto Grip, Capri Bowling Lanes,
• August 4-7 — PBA50 South Shore Open presented by DV8, Olympia Lanes, Hammond, Ind.
• Aug. 10-13 — PBA50 Treasure Island Resort & Casino Open presented by Hammer, Island Xtreme Bowl, Welch, Minn.